Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Monday 19 July 2010

On Life...and giggling pixies

Ah, the wee hours of the morning. It's funny how sometimes my brain seems to work better and faster at odd times of the day and/or night. And since I've got a bit of insomnia happening, I thought I'd drop in here and just share something I found today.

It's a quote from the packaging of a crochet hair clip that I bought for the Toddler while we were in Hawaii.

"Life is a perpetual struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but you will eventually find a hair stylist you like."

I love it! I think it sums up my day to day life quite well - everything always starts out quite normal, sensible and clear but by the end of it my day is just a huge joke!

And that's not always a bad thing - for example, my day started out quite sensible with getting some housework done and being a good mummy. But by the end of the day, when it came to bed time for the Toddler, I have video evidence of how my day dissolved into hysterical laughter in front of the fridge while the Toddler and the Guru played with a musical magnet game and laughed like a pair of drunk pixies about the same phrase over and over again.

Actually, it was a lovely end to a day that promised nothing more than to be perfectly normal and sensible. And since when has sensible ever been worth videoing?

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents