Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Proof that The Guru is as mature as a teen guy...

Right now The Guru is yelling abuse at his computer. Why? Because the internet has kicked him off his game.

I think he needs to get a grip on reality. And I'd also like to ask why he seems to think that this game is a stress relief. Last time I checked, anything that made you go red, scream abuse and storm out of the house to scoff a cigarette was NOT a relaxing activity.

But hey, maybe I just don't understand. And it's certainly better he lose his temper with the computer than me or anyone else. But all the same - we have an agent doing a walk through of the house tomorrow and while I should be doing a quick tidy before heading off to bed, I can't help but be mildly annoyed that it's left to me AGAIN.

Sigh, I think maybe I just feel a bit crusty about having to do all the 'shitty jobs' lately. I don't deny that he has done a lot of ringing around to do with the buying of our house and dealing with the wheeling and dealing with the agent and the conveyancer and making sure everything with the mortgage is right and manageable. But for some reason I just feel a bit abandoned when it comes to the practical side of things. I mean, I know packing boxes is a miserable job - but for goodness sake, it's not like I enjoy it! And between the two of us we could get it done so much faster. But nope, I'm on my own.

And I have to clean his footprints off the floor. Yep, that's right. My white floor tiles were so sparkling you could have eaten off them. Even the Toddler somehow understood that mess was not to be contemplated and actually kept herself busy with books and toys that were easily cleaned away when necessary.

Nope, a certain someone comes home and tramples his great big, black footprints all over my sparkling floor. And I was suddenly hit with the impulse to cry and/or punch him. Or make him clean up after himself - with his tongue.

I know it seems silly and I must sound like I'm two sheep short in the top paddock. But honestly, when I've spent an entire day scrubbing and dusting and mopping and making everything shine - to have someone walk in the house and just trample all over my hard work is like being slapped. It's like he didn't give a stuff about the effort I put in to making the place look awesome, like it was expected that I would grovel after him with a rag and some soap to clean his footprints off the floor.

Yeah, because I didn't have anything else to do.

And before you go assuming that it's only one night a week. Well, think again - it's 3 or 4 nights a week that he's absorbed by this stupid game. 3 - 4 nights a week in a week where I work full time too that I am essentially a single parent.

Forgive me, but I thought we were both parents. Not just when it suits us or doesn't clash with our online gaming.

Ugh - writing this isn't actually helping anything, it's only making me more and more annoyed about the whole thing. And I can't be bothered talking about it to him again. It goes in one ear and out the other and the main excuse is 'oh, but it helps me relax after a long/stressful/difficult day at work'. Yeah, because I don't go to work every day too, right?!

Oh never mind, none of you need to know any of this - it's just my ramblings. I should really go grab myself a cup of tea (well, coffee!), some chocolate and a good movie.

I can have some girly time while he's off having silly teen time. Sounds perfectly fair to me. And if he needs anything, I'll be telling him I need some relaxation after a stressful day at work.

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents