Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Thursday 14 October 2010

My Top Ten: Movies

Another entry for Emily at Miss Fickle wanting to get to know us better :)

I love movies - and I have many that I watch repeatedly, and quote every line and I drive the Guru INSANE when I do this.

But I don't care.

So, to my top ten!

1. The Lord of The Rings Trilogy. When I first saw these movies I decided that when I die I want to go live with the elves. Sigh.

2. My Sister's Keeper. Good for those days when I need a good cry and want to have an excuse ready.

3. Gone in 60 Seconds. I love the bit where they groove to 'Low Rider' before they go on a heist.

4. Roman Holiday. Audrey Hepburn is just gorgeous and I love all her movies, but this one is just so cute.

5. Avatar. Just thought it was cool.

6. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. This is a family tradition for me - I have to watch it at least eight million times with my Mum before Christmas Eve. The bit where Chevy Chase lubes the steel plate with oil and then slides down the hill is freakin' HILARIOUS! And it never ceases to make me laugh. I will watch this movie at Christmas every year until I die.

7. Elizabeth. Cate Blanchet does a great job and I love historical movies! Elizabeth: The Golden Age is included in this :-)

8. Marie Antoinette. Kirsten Dunst is great, and again, I love historical movies and I think this does a good job at showing the other side of the coin - that maybe she wasn't a self involved immature queen who said 'Let them eat cake', she was just a lost and lonely child thrown into a situation that would have bewildered the best of us.

9. The Young Victoria. Another great historical movie and Emily Blunt plays it well. And Rupert Friend as Prince Albert is just awesome. I think their love story is just beautiful. Yeah - the Guru gets bored of these VERY quickly.

10. The Other Boleyn Girl. It's cool - and Eric Bana makes a yum King Henry VIII - despite the whole wife executing fetish he's got going on.

So there you have it - get you movie groove on and tell the world what makes your screen light up!

This post is linked to My Top Ten, hosted by Miss Fickle

1 comment :

Thanks for the comment - it helps validate the fact that I'm not just talking to myself.

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents