Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Wednesday 19 January 2011

In exactly 10 minutes from now

you changed our lives by entering this world with your eyes open and silently observed your new surroundings.

I can't believe it has been 2 years since you came into our lives. And our lives are oh, so good with you in them.

2011 has had a challenging start, and for some people this year had heralded the beginning of some wounds that will never heal.

But I look at you and I remember all that is good in this world. You remind me to smile and laugh and forget about cleaning the house or doing the dishes. You remind me that the simple things mean the most.

A cuddle from you can make the entire mood of my day shift. Your face as it lights up and your laugh as you run to me when I pick you up from daycare are two of my favourite things in life.

You remind me that I have the power to kiss better all your 'ouches' and that I am a goddess with a bandaid. Florence Nightingale don't have nothin' on me when it comes to you.

There is no way we could ever tell you how much you are loved. Because there just aren't enough words. There isn't enough music. There isn't enough art. There aren't enough stars in the sky or drops in the ocean to possibly give you any idea of exactly how much you complete us and make every day worth everything.

Your birth is the one thing I have done with my life that I will always look back on and have no regrets. Not one. It was perfect because it brought you to us.

And it is exactly at this moment that you began it all - 2:56pm on the 19th of January 2009.

That was the moment...

All our love, for forever and a day

Mummy & Daddy xoxoxox

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents