Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Monday 6 June 2011

Remembering how to read...

So, in light of recent week's events and having limited access to my Austar shows, it had occurred to me that I need to find an alternative activity to keep my brain ticking along until I can have the lounge room back and the endless repeats of Ice Age/Monsters Inc/Shrek/Shrek 2 etc are again sent packing to another room in the house.

And so, cleaning out my diesel destroyed purse last week and coming across a Dymocks voucher from Christmas that I'd forgotten about, I decided that re-acquainting myself with that old fashioned past-time, reading, would be a fantastic thing.

And, so, what do you know - today I decide that I cannot be arsed going to work and so cash in some TOIL hours and stay home. With the aim of cleaning, doing the washing and all those other things I completely ignored over the weekend. That is, until I hear a loud 'thud' at our front door.

Trying to quell the rising panic as I slowly crack open the front door, wishing I had some kind of weapon to cripple the next wave of house robbers, I peek out and try to remember the ninja moves from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Thankfully, it's not more robbers, and I don't have to whip out my 1990's ninja skills. It appears that an Australian Air Express employee has seen fit to throw a package against our front door and run away. Oh, I mean, deliver a package to our home, and kindly bring it all the way to our front door for my convenience.

The running away part would have happened anyway, considering I was still in my pyjamas.

And so it seems that I now have something to fill my time other than being a mum, wife, full time worker, blogger and procratinator. And it's those procrastination skills that will come in to play today as I read a book and do nothing around the house.

Besides, if I start cleaning around 3pm, it leaves me a minimal window it get stuff done before people start coming home and noting the lack of progress made.

I work better under pressure, anyway.



What am I reading?


The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette by Carolly Erickson.

Notorious Royal Marriages by Leslie Carroll

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents