Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Saturday 3 March 2012

It's All Good...

It's the end of the day. The sun is falling lower and lower in the sky, which turns orange and pink. It's been a hot day and a breeze gently pushes me forward.

It carries with it the smell of freshly cut grass, warm air and the low moan of a lawn mower a few streets away.

The smell, the warmth and the sound. That's how I know everything is all good.

It reminds me of hanging out with friends after school. It reminds me of lazy summer weekends when I was younger. It reminds me of a simpler time in my life, when bills and money and work were irrelevant. They were a million miles away in the future, and my biggest worry at that moment was that we wouldn't make it to the beach before dark.

I like to think that Big Nanna (she was tall), Little Nanna (she was shorter than Big Nanna) and Uncle Bob (my Great Uncle and Little Nanna's brother) are sitting together, hanging out and can see when I need a good breeze to come past. 

Because it always does.

And it makes my soul happy.




Edenland's Fresh Horses Brigade

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents