Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Feelin' It...

Today, I'm feeling musical.

I'm sure most people find music is able to make them feel better - and I'm no exception.

Miss 3 is going through a very clingy stage at the moment, and it makes day care drop off time painful.

You'd think I was leaving her on the side of the road and moving to Bolivia without giving her a forwarding address.

I know she can feel things changing, and she's not too sure what to think of it all. Fair enough - I'm her Mum and some days I wake up not knowing what to think of everything that's going on! But we have to keep plodding along for a little bit longer.

Everything will be okay.  It's my mantra at the moment.

So I've been spending some time today listening to music that makes me feel happy, and I thought I'd share a few of my selections with you.

You know, because I can.

So first up is a bit of Powderfinger with Lost and Running...



It more or less describes how I'm feeling at the moment - but makes me want to smile and dance.

Then we're moving on with some of The Strokes, with You Only Live Once...



I think I mostly just love the guitar rifts in this song...

And of course, Empire of the Sun. Miss 3 and I dance to this regularly...



I don't understand the video clip. Never have and most likely never will. I always consider them to be the musical version of 'The Matrix'. I didn't understand those movies either, despite the amount of time The Man dedicated to trying desperately to explain it all to me.

And lastly, one from my youth that Miss 3 loves to listen to...let's hear it Barnes-y!



How can you not smile when you hear that??


Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents