Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Dobbed In!

So I called the cops on a dangerous driver today. On my way into the city this morning I was tailgated, illegally overtaken and nearly had the front of my car swiped off by a nut.

To make matters worse it was a Government department vehicle. And it was all about this person roaring up behing me and almost hitching a ride on my rear bumper, getting around me (stupid law abiding driver that I am), screaming off down the road and then tailgating a prime mover on the same road. In a 40km/hr roadwork zone.

Given this is an actual police matter now, I won't give too many details, but needless to say I was less than impressed. In fact, the stunned look on the Toddlers face at some of the language that erupted from my mouth as I screamed at the other driver said it all.

Now, I understand that sometimes people are in a hurry. But last time I checked, endangering the lives of roadworkers and other drivers and their families was NOT okay. 40km/hr signs are there for a reason, they are there to protect the people and limit the danger of working on an open road.

It disgusts me that this person, in a Government vehicle thought himself so much more important than the rest of us. That his schedule for the day was enough to over-ride the road rules and endanger my child and I.

I don't care who you are - Sir, if I ever see you on the road again doing something that stupid I will not hesitate to ring the police again. There is nothing about you or your job that made what you did today excusable.

Karma's a bitch - and I hope it takes a chunk out of your butt.

1 comment :

  1. yeah suck on that, dirtbag. I often take down the number plates of dangerous drivers, just in case I want to ring em out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it helps validate the fact that I'm not just talking to myself.

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents