Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Thursday 13 January 2011

Shape Up - Week 14

Oh good grief - it's been 4 weeks since I last posted anything about getting in shape and about 5 weeks since I last did any deliberate exercise (although, if a bedroom romp counts then it's been about 9hrs since I last did deliberate s-exercise)...does gardening count? Because the Guru and I put some serious hours into digging out tree stumps and other awful plants from around our pool. We also went swimming a lot...

So maybe I haven't been as slack as I thought?

I have to admit though - I wasn't as naughty with food at Christmas as I thought I would have been. Tragically, it's been post Christmas that's been my biggest downfall.

And I blame it squarely on my lack of self control. And my renewed love of baking. Particularly the fact that I can produce a cheesecake that would make Martha Stewart spew green rivers of jealousness.


Image

I have discovered that having cheesecake after dinner every night is NOT the best way to lose weight. Which is a shame, because it's absolutely DIVINE!

Could someone please explain to me why bad food seems so much tastier, and why good food is so not? Actually, it's not even that - it's more that I find it so boring!


Image
I mean, honestly - why doesn't someone make a block of chocolate that has the exact dietary requirements of a person? I would then happily eat it over a day...hell, I could scoff it in a matter of minutes! I want easy to prepare food to taste good and be healthy. Is that too much to ask?

I can drink water, I can take vitamins and I can get off my arse and lug it around in an attempt to shrink it.

What I can't do is accept that good food has to be so completely crap-tacular and unimaginative.

Or is it more that I am unimaginative with food...? I suppose at the end of the day food is what I make it - if I look at something and think it looks boring, why don't I do something about it? I'll tell you why - because I'm too damn tired, that's why.

Okay, so I'm probably tired because I don't eat properly, and I don't eat properly because I'm too tired. It's a vicious cycle that never stops and it won't stop until I choose to stop it.

And maybe that day is today...maybe it will be tomorrow. Who knows - changing one's life is never easy and it won't happen in the blink of an eye. I won't magically wake up tomorrow morning and decide that I love tofu, peas and soy beans, and more importantly I have to realise that being healthy doesn't mean loving these items either.

It's about everything in moderation - and taking small steps until it becomes second nature to make a choice that I wouldn't have even considered 6 months ago.

There is a way of getting enjoyable flavours, textures and combinations into good food...I will find the combination that best suits me and use it.

Who knows, maybe today has been the first baby step towards a better attitude and relationship with food.




Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents