Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Sunday 11 March 2012

Open Mic Night...

I am not a public speaker.

It's one of those fears that I've not conquered and have no plans to do so. It's so bad, I think my worst nightmare would be waking up to find I got a job as a public speaking clown. I would scare the shit out of myself.

In high-school I would use every excuse in the book to avoid having to do presentations. I couldn't even face standing up in front of the family and friends at our wedding to say thank you - I went to all 110 individually.

Gratefully, this open mic is fictional and in Eden's head. Although I still don't want to be standing up in there, in front of all her brain cells. So hopefully she'll let me hide amongst the crowd while she plays this for them...







'The Sweetest Thing' - U2

My love throws me like a rubber ball

Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

She won't catch me or break my fall

Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

Baby's got blue skies up ahead
But in this I'm a rain cloud
You know she likes a dry kind of love

Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

I'm losing you
I'm losing you yeah
Ain't love the sweetest thing

I wanted to run but she made me crawl

Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

Eternal fire, she turned me to straw

Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

You know I got black eyes
But they burn so brightly for her
This is a blind kind of love

Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

I'm losing you
Oh oh oh, I'm losing you
Ain't love the sweetest thing

Blue-eyed boy meets a brown-eyed girl

Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

You can sew it up but you still see the tear

Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing

Baby's got blue skies up ahead
But in this I'm a rain cloud
Ours is a stormy kind of love

I love this song - it was the first song I heard shortly after Miss 3 was born, which was ironic considering I had wanted it playing in the room while I birthed her, but I forgot the CD at home. I always look at it as a sign that both Nanna's knew she had arrived.

Bono wrote this song after he forgot his wife's birthday while they were recording 'The Joshua Tree' - and because this post is late and it's a belated 'Happy Birthday' to Eden, it seemed only appropriate.





Edenland's Fresh Horses Brigade

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents