Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Friday 31 May 2013

Change

They say a change is as good as a holiday - I'm not quite sure about that.

I've just changed up my blog title and have come out of the shadows by linking my Google+ profile with my blog, and I'm not feeling like I've been on a holiday - I'm frightened my family  or people from highschool will find this blog!

For some reason, I am deeply uncomfortable with the idea that anyone I went to highschool with might find this and read it. Mostly because it took a long time for me to realise that some friendships weren't healthy and, of course, it all ended badly. As they do.

There's always that haunting thought of those people reading about your life and snickering or picking it to pieces. It's probably more interesting that I should even care what they think, considering they haven't been in my life for so very long.

I'm also scared of trolls - some of what I've seen on various other blogs has been so nasty.

The Man tells me all the time that I care too much about what people think and I should focus more on how I feel about myself - what anyone else thinks is their own business and they should keep it to themselves.

It's a shame my desperate 'people pleaser' personality can't grasp that concept - my head would be a far less complicated place to live!

Admittedly, The Man, my parents and a couple of close friends know I have a blog. I think my cousin does, too - but I'm not sure she's ever read it. I should ask her.

I suppose this step to removing some of the anonymity is a big one for me because it's standing up and owning everything that's on here. The good, the bad and the ugly.

The change in blog name is symbolic too - simply 'Anything Kel'. Because this blog really is about anything related to me and what's happening in my life. It's all about me. And no matter how selfish that sounds, this is my place to be creative, to be honest, to put everything down 'on paper' that I can't process in my head.

Not always the best idea, but hence the tag line.

I have no doubt that there are plenty of people who aren't in the least bit interested, and I respect that. I have zero interest in anything a lot of people do - specific examples include, but are not limited to, Kim Kardashian, Gina Reinhardt and any character from Sesame Street.

So there you go - changes have happened and it's the beginning of a new chapter in this blog, I think. The tone has changed lately - it's a lot more like me - sarcastic, boisterous and hilarious in my own head.

If you stick around, I hope you like the new direction. If not, I'll try not to take it too personally*.

 

*I can't guarantee anything, chances are I'll take it very personally, and I'll cry - or eat chocolate - or both.

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents