Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Friday 15 April 2011

It's oh so quiet

It's been a bit quiet on here this past week or so.

Not sure why, but my blog mojo just hasn't been flowing. I have plenty of things I could blog about, but the need/want just isn't there.

It's been a full week, that's for sure. Starting with Saturday and the Guru's Dad having another heart attack. His second since December, and he only had his bypass done in February.

It's scary. 2 more arteries that are blocked. More surgery. The feeling of uncertainty.

And while they may seem petty and insignificant compared to the above, other things that happened this week are:
  • We are so super proud of our amazing little girl who is now toilet trained during the day. It's like she just woke up one morning and decided it was time. If only everything was that easy.
  • We sold the blue car. I hugged it goodbye and left it to the mercy of Hyundai - it's birthplace. In return for some cold, hard cash.
  • We put money in our savings account. And didn't take it out again 3 minutes later to buy some frivolous, pointless item (although the Guru has been eyeing off bigger and better TV's. I told him we can have one once we build a wall sturdy enough to hold the monstrosity he wants to own.)
  • I threw a tanty and so now we are purchasing a dishwasher BEFORE the Guru goes on holiday.
  • I stared blankly at the back wall of our house wondering where the hell we would fit another baby if a miracle occured and I fell pregnant before the next ice age/house extension is done.
  • I continued to stare blankly at the back wall of our house - willing it to magically extend and making the need for builders and having to pay them completely unnecessary. For the record, it just stared back. Bastard.
  • I then stared at the front steps of our home (which are still 'the steps of death' connected to the 'deck of death') and willed them to fall off so the Guru has to do something about it.
  • I realised that the Guru will not be doing anything house related (such as replace the 'deck of death' so I or our daughter don't go head first down the stairs. Again.) over this extra long and awesome break - because he will be on holiday.
  • I continued to be convinced that kicking him in the groin would make me feel better that he will be holidaying without us.
  • To add insult to injury - while he was going on a holiday I at least had the pleasure of knowing that I would be hooning around in our new computer with wheels (aka: car). But now Mitsubishi tell me they only just put the car in transit from Melbourne to Adelaide today. And then it will be shipped here, but it will be shipped here in the first week of May. Maybe. Insert sobbing here.
  • I discovered I want to kick Mitsubishi in the groin.
  • A life sized model of myself made entirely out of chocolate will make me feel better - for as long as it takes to eat it. Then most likely I'll feel sick.
So, there you have it. What we've been up to.

Looks like I did want to blog after all.



Entry in the May DP Blog Carnival at SuperParents

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents