Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Toot, Toot, Chugga, Chugga, Brand New Car!

Well, we did it.

Went and paid the deposit today and the new car has been ordered.

I'm giddy, but feel slightly hung over too. I think it's the aftermath of spending money.

We bought the Mitsubishi ASX Aspire 1.8L Turbo Diesel in Titanium.

As a result I've realised I'm going to have to learn to drive all over again. The test drive was fun because it was just that - a test drive, and I was too scared to touch anything because it wasn't ours. Now I'm actually going to have to read a manual to work out how to put the radio on.

I wish I was joking.

I am a technological doofus. I don't have an iPhone because they confuse and frighten me. I figure being this intimidated by life now will make for easy transition when I get Alzheimer's. It won't be much of a change.

But the Guru said this car will make my life easier - once I master the art. I'm not sure I'm ready for a car that requires an 'art'. But, hey, that's what I get for pointing out whizz bang accessories to sway the car choice my way.

Although there really wasn't much competition. Not in my mind anyway.

I have to say, though, I'm not sure how much easier my life will be with a car that's smarter than I am. I mean, we've all seen the movies where cars take over the world. Chances are our car will see my weak and feeble mind and decide a hostile takeover will be easier than it thought and why not take action today?

It could spell the end of the world as we know it.

This could also be indicating the end of the few functioning braincells I have and I'm slipping into delirium.

Whatever.

So, there you have it. We're upgrading the family 'Big Red Car', which will be dark grey.

Oh no...I'm probably going to be one of those people I yell at in my road rage moments. A person who bought a new car they can't drive properly.

Sigh - Karma's a bitch.

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents