Sometimes I need a filter between my brain and my mouth.
This is not the way to get one.

Thursday 31 March 2011

Polly Dolly: Rain on my LBD


I love this dress. I would totally wear it.

I also love yellow and how it can make things look brighter. I can't pull off yellow - I just end up looking as though I have jaundice. The curse of pale skin that reflects...

But given the weather here at the moment (grey, rainy, still warm, squally weather...sigh, another Cyclone Watch issued. Yawn.) it made me think of how I would dress for work if I could wear whatever I wanted.

And if I worked somewhere where dressing up wouldn't make me look like a total douche.

So this is it - the weather makes me think of cute jackets, pretty dresses, stockings, sexy heels, umbrella's and awesome bags that can hold everything, with a coordinating laptop satchel.

Some bangles with blue and green and some drop earrings complete the look. A messy bun or ponytail would look really good with this and keep the makeup simple. Your outfit is doing all the talking.

There's no way anyone could look silly dancing in the rain dressed like this.





1 comment :

  1. Rhi_HummingbirdsSong6 August 2011 at 12:50

    I'm loving how different that dress is. Nice accessories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it helps validate the fact that I'm not just talking to myself.

Check it Out

Follow Anything, Everything & Inbetween Liebster Blog Award Digital Parents